Intervoice is happy to be one of many supporters of the 2017 International Society for Psychological & Social Approaches to Psychosis conference – Make Real Change Happen.
30th August – 3rd September 2017, Liverpool (UK)
The deadline for abstracts is 1st December 2016.
It would be wonderful if there was a real presence from the International Hearing Voices Movement at this congress. If you’re interested in taking part, please see their website for more details.
This is a letter from the Chair of ISPS UK and ISPS International.
Can a conference be a catalyst for change? It is exactly this wish that inspired the title and theme of the 2017 ISPS international congress.
Sadly this is a wish born out of frustration. Attitudes, practices and services too often seem barely touched by the steadily developing understanding of psychological and social aspects of psychosis and of what is helpful for people who experience it. So we aim for this conference to be not only about the valuable sharing of new research, ideas and developments, but also, as in the title, about making real change happen. The large number of organizations who have given their support to this conference can be seen here.
We are delighted to be meeting in the exciting city of Liverpool. Carl Jung saw it as ‘the pool of life’ and we hope its rich heritage (not just football and music!) will make it an energizing setting for a conference thinking about change. More information about the social programme will be available soon and meanwhile take a look at these ideas.
Delegates at previous international conferences have often commented on how ISPS events stand out. They point to the unique mix of opportunities not only to learn from high quality presentations, but also to join a rich dialogue between people with a wealth of experience and expertise, a fertile mix of professionals from a wide range of disciplines, and people whose experience and expertise comes through personal experience of psychosis.
ISPS conferences have also traditionally been warm and welcoming gatherings, where people go away feeling inspired and reinvigorated. We hope this one will be no exception and look forward very much to welcoming you to Liverpool in August 2017.
Alison Summers, Chair of ISPS 2017 organizing committee
Jan Olav Johannessen, Chair of ISPS
Call for Abstracts
Follow these easy steps to submit a presentation for ISPS Liverpool 2017
- Decide on whether you wish to submit a paper, workshop, panel/ symposium, meet the author session or poster, or other.
- Select a theme/topic from the suggested list.
- Prepare brief (max 30 words), learning objectives for your submission
- Prepare a 300 word abstract.
- Prepare a brief biographical sketch (40-50 words) This will be included in the abstract booklet.
- Submit your abstract at: isps2017.exordo.com
When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to confirm that your presentation conforms with your professional body’s code of ethics (tick box , yes no) including that of concealing the identity in respect of any material you include about individuals (tick box, yes no) , and that you have declared any conflicts of interest(tick box, yes no) .
Types of submissions:
- Papers – 20 minutes with 10 minutes for discussion
- Panels/Symposia – 90 minutes. May include two, three, or more participants
- Workshops – 90 minutes, opportunity for active audience participation and learning
- Meet the Author – 30 minutes of discussion of a recently published book.
- Posters – for presentation of research, projects or programs, or other work on conference themes.
Abstract submission deadline: 01/12/16