The 8th World Hearing Voices Congress is hosted by REV France, the French Hearing Voices Network. We hope that many of you will join us later this month. For more information, see: www.paris2016.revfrance.org
Making History, Owning Our Stories
19 – 22nd October 2016, Paris (France)
- 19 October: Intervoice Day & Public Event
- 20 & 21 October: World Hearing Voices Congress (made exclusively of workshops)
- 22 October: Public Forum
If you are coming to the congress and would like to link with other participants beforehand, you can join this closed Facebook Group:
10h-16h Intervoice Day: « Honouring our past, sharing our futures”
On the river Seine
At: Au pied de la Tour Eiffel, Ponton des vedettes de Paris, Quai de Suffren
Underground, line 9, Trocadéro Station or Line 6, Bir-HakeimStation-RER C, Champ de Mars Station. Walking access by Iéna Bridge or by Bir-HakeimBridge.
Intervoice is a charity that supports the International Hearing Voices Movement. During the Intervoice Day, we will have the opportunity to come together, as members of this movement, to share experiences, hear about new initiatives, discuss challenges and think about the where we want to go in the future.
During the day you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from national Hearing Voices Networks and find out what’s happening around the world
- Find out about interesting initiatives, including:
- Donatella Miccinesi (Italy): Educational-training courses organised by users and carers
- Christian Gebel & Olivier Kremer (France): Nurses start a Hearing Voices Group within a secure unit
- Akiko Hart (UK): Setting up Hearing Voices Groups in detention centres & working with asylum seekers
- Take part in ‘Open Space’ (an opportunity to take part in smaller discussions on issues that are important to you, with topics chosen by participants)
- Find out who has won this year’s Intervoice Awards
- Share our experiences of being in the movement and think about the future
Cruise from the Eiffel Tower to Bercy
18h-21h Public Event: Making history, Owning our stories
The Hearing Voices movement as a liberation movement for everyone
In the Cité des sciences de La Villette
with Paul Baker, Ron Coleman, Vincent Demassiet, Yann Derobert, Eleanor Longden, Marius Romme, & Myreille St-Onge
Thursday 20th & Friday 21st World Hearing Voices Congress
Seven Steps Off The Beaten Track
Workshops in Maison des associations de solidarité (13e)
When you register for these two days, you are presented with the opportunity to live through a 7-workshops-journey exclusively designed for you!
Workshops facilitators include:
Mette Askov (DK), Ivan Barry (DE), Nejma Benamore (FR), Lien Boetje (NL), Richard Breton (CA), Lara Brglez (SI), Berta Britz (US), Linda Brown (US), Peter Bullimore (UK), Arturo Cannarozzo (IT), Ron Coleman (UK), Dirk Corstens (NL), Sherry Craig (CA), Fulvia Crivellaro (IT), Michelle Dalton (IE), Brigitte David (FR), Gaia DeMarzo (IT), Yann Derobert (FR), Anne-Laure Donskoy (UK), Emanuela Dova (IT), Pascale Laurence Ducos (FR), Marie-Christine Dufour (CA), Alexandre Dumais (CA), Cece Egan (UK), Kate Fiske (AU), Lisa Forestell (US), Eve Gardien (FR), Eleanor Gilbert (UK), Les Gilbert (UK), Katheuryne Grefford (CA), Isabelle Hadengue (FR), Will Hall (US), Julien Hennebo (FR), Xavier Hernandez (FR), Lucy Johnstone (UK), Alain Karinthi (FR), Eoin Kelly (UK), Michel Knols (NL), Hana Kosan (SI), Catherine Lachance (CA), Cloe Laurendeau (FR), Patrick Le Cardinal (FR), Craig Lewis (US), Marcello Macario (IT), Judy Mantle (UK), Elise Massin (FR), Conor McCormack (UK), Isabelle Moretti (CA), Sara Moretti (IT), Eve Mundy (UK), Evy Noordman (NL), Marilena Piretti (IT), Slobodan Popovic (UK), Lorna Ritchie (DE), Sandrine Rousseau (CA), Olga Runciman (DN), Paolo Scorzoni (IT), Sarah Sewell (AU), René Sicard (CA), Catherine Simmonds (AU), Brigitte Soucy (CA), Lyudmyla Steblinska (IT), Seetha Subbiah (SG), Karen Taylor (UK), Caroline Thibault (CA), Ros Thomas (AU), Serge Tracy (CA), Serge Tracy (CA), Jo Twist (UK), David van den Berg (NL), Maria Ria Vecchio (IT), Joel Waddingham (UK), Rachel Waddingham (UK), Caroline White (US), Angela Woods (UK)…
and other members of the Hearing Voices Networks!
+ A special workshop (in partnership with REV France and Collectif l’Humain Visible)
Feel the need to express a story that changed your life (for the better or the worse)? Please take advantage of our optional individualized workshop where our two facilitators, Xavier & Yann, will be at your service, finding together the best way to express and share that story with the world.
Saturday 22nd: Public Events
In the Cité des sciences de La Villette
10h-13h Challenging popular beliefs in psychiatry: On the origins of psychosis and its treatments
- Richard Bentall: Genetics vs Life Events in the Origins of Psychosis
- John Read: The effects of psychiatry’s bio-genetic ideology: pessimism, stigma, collusion with child abuse and social inequalities
- Lucy Johnstone: Is There a Good Use of Psychiatric Diagnoses?
- Will Hall: People Helping Each Other Getting Off Psychiatric Medications
14h30-17h30 Healing Voices: Movie + Discussion
With Oryx Cohen & PJ Moynihan (producers)
HEALING VOICES is a new feature-length documentary which explores the experiences commonly labeled as “psychosis” or “mental illness” through the real-life stories of individuals working to overcome extreme mental states, and integrate these experiences into their lives in meaningful ways.
More info on: healingvoicesmovie.com