Founded in 2010, the Hearing Voices Network USA represents a partnership between individuals who hear voices or have other extreme or unusual experiences, professionals and allies in the community, all of whom are working together to change the assumptions made about these phenomenon and create supports, learning and healing opportunities for people across the country.
In the United States, Hearing Voices groups have existed in small numbers for well over five years, with some of the earliest known groups forming in Wisconsin, California and Massachusetts. However, there has been no real way to link them together, spread knowledge about the Hearing Voices approach, provide consistent guidelines on what qualifies as a ‘Hearing Voices’ group and support the development of new groups. These are the primary purposes of the Hearing Voices Network USA. Join us as we move forward and become one of the newest members of the International network!
E-mail: [email protected]
Find A Group
See: http://www.hearingvoicesusa.org/find-a-group for an updated list of groups in the US.
These include groups within: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont & Wisconsin.
- Research Study: How Do Hearing Voices Peer-Support Groups Work?
- Keynote Speakers Announced for World Congress 2017 (USA)
- Booking Now Open: 2017 World Hearing Voices Congress (Boston)
- 2017 World Hearing Voices Congress – Call for Proposals
- Share your ideas for the 2017 World Hearing Voices Congress
- New York Times Article Calls for New Approach to ‘Schizophrenia’ Treatment
- Those Troubled By Hearing Voices Learn To Manage The Cacophony
- A New Midwest Hearing Voices Network (USA)
- Webinar: Expanding The Hearing Voices Network
- Facilitator Network Meeting: 10th Feb 2012